Wednesday 21 September 2011

CLT20

For the match on the 23rd which I have already booked tickets for in Pavilion 3, I think it's going to be a couple of tricky selections for us.
Now let's look at the possible combination we must be looking at:
1. Gayle
2. Dilshan\ Mayank
3. Kohli
4. AB
5. Tiwary
6. Kaif
7. Daniel
8. Van dar wath/Arun Karthik/Syed
9. Dirk
10. Mithun
11. Aravind

Ideally, we'd have Dilshan opening with Gayle but with Zaheer ruled out, the entire equation gets changed since we now have to look at having a back-up for Zak which can be no one else but Dirk. However, the problem is that we can only have 4 foreigners and hence can't accommodate both Dilshan and Dirk. Not fair! See I know AB is our star but this is why I feel we should leave him out for this match. I am so sorry AB but we are left with no choice and I believe you are also short of match-practice whereas Dilshan on the other side has just regained his form and deserves to prove himself for RCB!Arun can keep wickets and we don't need to break the devastating Gayle-Dilshan pair which I think is the best opening pair amongst all T20 teams in the world!We also have Botha to combat with from the opposition and Dilshan plays spin well too so he could take care of Botha at start of the innings to avoid putting unnecessary pressure on Chris who is not very comfortable with spin upfront as we saw with Ashwin the finals:( So RCBians, here is the side I would like to suggest which I think is going to be the most balanced:
1.Gayle
2.Dilshan
3.Kohli
4. Kaif
5.Tiwary
6.Arun(WK)
7.Daniel(C)
8.Syed
9.Dirk
10.Mithun
11.Aravind
P.S.- South Africans struggle against spin especially unconventional spin so all the more reason to have Dilshan there to trouble them in case our front line seamers don't do the job in the absence of Zaheer..I share Dan's concern that we need to play an extra bowler to strengthen our bowling in the absence of Zak. Cheers RCB!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment